A company must be certified according to Chapter 16 of the KRAV Standards in order to import or bring in and KRAV-label products.
- Products certified as organic according to EU Regulation (EC) 834/2007, or other standards recognized by the EU, may be KRAV-labelled if the production complies with the KRAV extra requirements.
- These extra requirements depend on the type of production.
- They must be verified annually, in the primary production and in the steps where production or processing takes place.
- The KRAV-certified company is responsible for compliance with the extra requirements in the KRAV Standards.
- If your production already has an organic certification above the level of EC 834/2007, check if the standard is recognized by KRAV as complying with the extra requirements for the type of production in question.
- When the extra requirements have been verified, the importer, as KRAV-licensee, must register the product(s) in question on the KRAV website.
- When that has been done the licensee can market them with the KRAV-label.
- During the KRAV-licensee’s annual audit the certification body will check how compliance with the extra requirements is documented.